Part-Time Administration Assistant [Scotland]
Shifts: 16 hours per week
Locations: Harbour Point School (EH21)
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract until June 2019
Salary Scale £16,000 FTE, £6400 pro rata
park of Genius Ltd operates small therapeutic residential homes throughout Scotland and England for young people with a variety of support requirements. We also educate young people in our schools who cannot sustain a mainstream educational placement.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Administration Assistant to work 16 hours per week at Harbourpoint School, Musselburgh to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to the school. This post is a fixed term contract until June 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support all Administration within the school including photocopying, filing, communication with professionals, parents, other schools and residential homes as well as Spark of Genius staff and Senior Management.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, dealing with queries appropriately or passing on messages to the relevant people.
• Greeting visitors, ensuring they are signed in correctly.
• Assisting with maintaining young people’s records including paper records and electronic records on admin drive, spreadsheets and databases and ensuring that all documentation is present and correct and ensuring confidentiality at all times.
• Assisting with maintaining young person attendance records and reporting these accordingly.
• Assisting with auditing and maintaining Safe Hold and Serious Incident Log and raising any issues with your team – archiving of forms.
• Consent form audit.
• Playing a role in creating, personalising, tracking and distributing letters, invites, contracts and other documents to external stakeholders.
• Helping to arrange meetings using calendars and setting up meeting rooms for internal meetings and organising catering if required.
•Ordering and organising travel, accommodation and meals for school team as required.
- To co-operate with the company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are expected to follow Company policies, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work and report any unsafe practices and conditions
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
- Comply with Health and Safety and Equal opportunities requirements at all times
Recruitment Paperwork and Policies
- Guidance Notes Scotland86KB
- Guidance Notes England46KB
- Equal Opportunities Policy474KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy Scotland94KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy England70KB
- Protection of Children and Young People Policy88KB
- DBS Policy86KB
- Vision and Aims76KB
- Evidence of Proof to Work in the UK26KB