Shifts: 35hrs per week
Job Type: Full time - Permanent
Salary Scale £8.25ph (£15015 FT)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young
- people that you may come into contact with.
- Work in accordance with Spark of Genius vision and aims
- Ensuring that you remain within the budgets set for provisions when
- buying in the shopping for the Centre
- Preparing and cooking a selection of healthy meals on a daily basis
- Meeting dietary needs of young people on an individual basis
- Build and maintain positive relationships with young people
- Recording food temperatures on relevant log sheets
- Preparing buffets/meals etc at short notice for visitors (social workers/
- Local Authorities/ Families)
- Prepare a range of home baking.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Centre, including the kitchen at all times.
- Liaise with management and staff in relation to daily chores requiring completion
- Ensure any hazardous material is locked away when not in use
- Ensure all glass and mirrors are cleaned regularly
- Ensure all toilet facilities are cleaned to a high standard as well as ensuring there is enough soap, toilet rolls and hand towels
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported to your line manager in a timely manner
- Ability to use your initiative with regards to areas needing cleaned
- Ability to take direction from your line manager
- To carryout deep cleans in the building as required or requested by your line manager
- You must co-operate with the company in complying with the Health and
Safety requirements and are therefore expected to follow Company
policies, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures
at your place of work and report any unsafe practices and conditions
- The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties
commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to comply with Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities requirements at all times.
- Any other reasonable management instruction
The above job description forms part of your main terms and conditions of employment. The Company reserves the right to vary duties and responsibilities at anytime.
Recruitment Paperwork and Policies
- Guidance Notes Scotland86KB
- Guidance Notes England46KB
- Equal Opportunities Policy474KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy Scotland94KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy England70KB
- Protection of Children and Young People Policy88KB
- DBS Policy86KB
- Vision and Aims76KB
- Evidence of Proof to Work in the UK26KB