Registered Manager - The Old Vicarage
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Scale £52,000 OTE
*£3000 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
*£3000 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Spark of Genius stands as a prominent figure among residential child care providers, offering its extensive services across Scotland and the North East. With a legacy spanning over 25 years, our unwavering commitment has been to provide exceptional care to young individuals who require our support and guidance.
In addition to our proud heritage, Spark of Genius proudly belongs to the distinguished CareTech family, a UK-wide network that shares our devotion to ensuring that every child's unique needs are not only acknowledged but met with the utmost dedication.
About the Service
Our service provides a warm and welcoming home for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 years old. The service also works alongside King Edwin School by providing opportunities for young people to receive a consistent and meaningful care and education package. The house is set in a village not far from the town center and can support a maximum of five young people.
In your new role
You will manage the residential house effectively and efficiently, ensuring the effective delivery of the main responsibilities and key result areas identified within the role of Residential Manager, you will participate in an on-call rota to ensure effective management across services on a 24/7 basis. This is also a chance to make a difference to outcomes for young people! Our mission is to make Every Second Count, to help us succeed you will:
- Hold Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young people that you may come into contact with.
- Work in accordance with Spark of Genius North East vision and aims.
- Ensure staff team are supported and supervised on a 24/7 basis which should include observation of practice across shifts.
- Manage and monitor staffing costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the children’s needs and are in line with allocated budgets.
- Ensure the house is ready at all times, gaining and retaining good/excellent grades across the board as identified during internal inspection procedures, external inspection procedures (eg Ofsted) and other governing bodies.
- Develop and make known to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns of behaviour.
- Take a lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
- Ensure effective delivery of individual care planning requirements for children and young people.
- Complete the administration of financial, payroll and staffing related matters in the house within the prescribed time scales.
- Complete Ofsted Induction Standards within 24 weeks of employment.
- Work in partnership with families, local authorities and external agencies.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required, to ensure the life chance Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Safeguard and protect the health and well being of children & young people.
You will ideally have:
- QCF 3 in Children and young people’s workforce (children’s social care pathway) or equivalent.
- Educated to OFQUAL Standard. (Can be evidenced in other professional training) or ability to demonstrate competency at this level.
- Commitment to register for QCF 5 within 6 months of employment
- Commitment to start Ofsted Induction standards and complete within 24 weeks of employment.
- Commitment to work towards TCI/Team Teach/Calms completion within 3 months
- Full UK driving license.
- Evidence of undertaking a supervisory role in relation to staff within a residential environment.
- Wide knowledge of the behaviors displayed by children and young people and an understanding of a myriad of intervention strategies.
- Working Knowledge of legislation in relation to child care including National Minimum Standards, Children Act 1989 Guidance and Regulations Volume 5 Children's Home.
As part of this role, we offer a range of specialist training programmes to support you in your work and invest in your professional development. These include:
- Fully Paid induction programme
- Every Second Counts: bespoke training on the role of a residential childcare worker
- Therapeutic crisis intervention training to assist young people in regulating their emotions when they are in crisis.
- Child protection training
- Relax kids training
- Attachment and trauma training
- Full suite of e-learning modules available that provide continuous knowledge and development.
In support and recognition of our colleagues who will help us deliver our employer strategy, we offer a fantastic benefits package. This includes;
- Full Time Contract
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- 35 Days Annual Leave entitlement
- Free PVG check
- Pension Scheme
- Free Training
- Paid Induction
- *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
- *£3000 Welcome Bonus
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us. CareTech will cover the cost of this check.
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within Spark of Genius and CareTech only.
Recruitment Paperwork and Policies
- Guidance Notes Scotland86KB
- Guidance Notes England46KB
- Equal Opportunities Policy474KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy Scotland94KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy England70KB
- Protection of Children and Young People Policy88KB
- DBS Policy86KB
- Vision and Aims76KB
- Evidence of Proof to Work in the UK26KB