Residential Assistant Home Manager (West Cottage)
Shifts: 40hrs Per week, as part of a rota which includes a combination of early and late shifts and rotational weekend working.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Scale 36,920 pa
We are currently recruiting for a Residential Assistant Home Manager to join our team at Spark of Genius.
Spark of Genius Children’s Service is part of the CareTech Family. Established in 1993, CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care and support solutions to children, young people, and adults across the UK.
Spark of Genius are a leading provider of education and residential care throughout the UK offering individualised pathways to empower and enable children and young people. We have several small residential homes, which runs 365 days a year, for children, and young people for which we invite referrals.
The homes cater for vulnerable and in some instances challenging children and young people. Our homes provide a therapeutic environment to support children and young people who have a variety of needs. This is an exciting role for an ambitious, driven and dynamic Assistant Home Manager.
- Managerial experience within a residential environment
- Remote Location, Driving License is essential
- Hold SVQ in Social Care
- Hold HNC 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Managers RMA (or working towards these)
- Sound Knowledge of Standards and Legislations
- Registered with SSSC or in the process of achieving
- An understanding of working with complex needs
- Be committed to providing an inclusive, inspiring, living environment providing flexibility to ensure consistency for the children and young people.
- To deliver a high level of support to young people and staff
- To promote positive and personalised outcomes of children and young people
- To support the home manager with the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements and above
Who we are
We aim to function as one coherent residential childcare system with consistent policies, practices, procedures and management across all of our homes.
As part of this system, we will deliver care to the standards set out in the National Care Standards. Spark of Genius work tirelessly to provide a safe, nurturing yet stimulating environment in which young people that have experienced emotional pain, social and academic failure and rejection, can stabilise their behaviour.
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive Salary
- CareTech will cover the cost of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check
- *Refer a friend ‘Scheme’ reward system – earn up to £1000
- *£500 Welcome bonus
- Dedicated learning and development programs
- Employee recognition schemes
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us.
All candidates must be successfully registered with the SSSC within 6 months of employment. Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within Spark of Genius and CareTech only.
Recruitment Paperwork and Policies
- Guidance Notes Scotland86KB
- Guidance Notes England46KB
- Equal Opportunities Policy474KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy Scotland94KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy England70KB
- Protection of Children and Young People Policy88KB
- DBS Policy86KB
- Vision and Aims76KB
- Evidence of Proof to Work in the UK26KB