Residential Childcare Worker - Woodside Farm
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Scale £21,985 - £27,747
*£500 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Job Title- Residential Child Care Practitioner
Location- South Ayrshire
Salary- £21,985- £27,747 DOE
Contract type- Permanent
Working hours- 40hrs Per week, as part of a rota which includes a combination of early and late shifts and rotational weekend working.
Spark of Genius is one of Scotland’s largest residential child care providers. For over 25 years, we have been delivering high quality care to young people who need to be looked after. Spark of Genius is also part of the UK-wide CareTech family who are committed to providing each child with opportunities to have their individual needs met.
About the Service
Woodside Farm is a 5 bedded home located rurally in South Ayrshire close to the seaside towns of Ayr and Prestwick. The team support their young people to develop strong and positive relationships, offering a therapeutic and peaceful environment for the young people to learn, grow and develop.
In your new role
This is an opportunity to be part of a dedicated and trauma-informed team, and to work directly with young people with a range of complex needs connected to their individual life experiences and childhood adversity.
This is also a chance to make a difference to outcomes for young people! Our mission is to make Every Second Count, to help us succeed you will:
- Work in a positive, respectful and empowering way with all young people in order to promote good relationships and encourage achievements.
· Work as part of a team to meet the social, emotional and educational health and mental health needs of young people
· Participate in and encourage the participation of the young people in the domestic tasks of the home in order to develop the self-care skills.
· Write review reports, risk assessment and contribute to care plans.
- liaise with parents and partners agencies to ensure that the best interests of the young people are respected and promoted at all times.
You will ideally have:
- Good understanding of the developmental needs and milestones of young people.
· Experience of working with children and families.
· Driving Licence
· Ability to communicate, engage and form positive relationships with young people, parent/carers and other professionals.
· Ability to produce clear and concise written reports and records of good standard and verbally present information and views.
· Ability to challenge individuals where necessary, remain calm and objective in difficult situations.
· HNC in Social Care, SVQ level 3 in Care or equivalent qualification, or the ability to undertake these qualifications
As part of this role, we offer a range of specialist training programmes to support you in your work and invest in your professional development. These include:
- Fully Paid induction programme
· Every Second Counts: bespoke training on the role of a residential childcare worker
· Therapeutic crisis intervention training to assist young people in regulating their emotions when they are in crisis.
· Child protection training
· Relax kids training
· Attachment and trauma training
- Full suite of e-learning modules available that provide continuous knowledge and development.
In support and recognition of our colleagues who will help us deliver our employer strategy, we offer a fantastic benefits package. This includes;
- Full Time Contract
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Free PVG check
- Pension Scheme
- Free Training
- Paid Induction
- *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
- *£1000 Welcome Bonus
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us. CareTech will cover the cost of this check.
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within Spark of Genius and CareTech only.
Recruitment Paperwork and Policies
- Guidance Notes Scotland86KB
- Guidance Notes England46KB
- Equal Opportunities Policy474KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy Scotland94KB
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy England70KB
- Protection of Children and Young People Policy88KB
- DBS Policy86KB
- Vision and Aims76KB
- Evidence of Proof to Work in the UK26KB